Monday, April 20, 2009

What is "The Final 30 days"

In 30 days, I will officially become an alumni of the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Journalism in the Media Convergence sequence, a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and a Minor in Business. While some people feel that college graduation means they are finally "Home Free," I fear that for me it will mean that I am "Without a Home."

Over the past four years at Mizzou, I have made lifelong friends (and quite a few future bridesmaids), developed a love for learning and grown as a leader and individual. While I am excited about the unknown that lies ahead, I am also nervous to leave the home I have made here in Columbia.

There is no doubt in my mind the next 30 days will be an emotional roller coaster. This blog is an opportunity for me to further develop my voice as a writer and shine light onto the struggles and excitement that graduating seniors face this May. Follow me as I search for a job, wrap up my college education and say goodbye to my current home.

No comments:

Post a Comment