Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sprinting a Marathon

I often find myself using the phrase, "It's not a sprint, it's a marathon," to describe school work, college and life in general. But, for the next two weeks, that phrase doesn't really capture school work, college or my life in general.

I have a marathon ahead of me, but not enough time to run it the proper way: strong and steady. Basically, I have to sprint a marathon. The problem with sprinting is that it means I will hurt my body (think less than 5 hours of sleep for 2 weeks straight) and probably not run my best (think less-than-stellar work and bad grades).

Although I do admit, I only have myself to blame for this sprint. Living in the moment is great, but because I didn't plan ahead, everything is landing on my plate at once. For now, the job search has to be pushed to the back burner as I try pass my classes and make it to graduation.

I'm pretty sure everyone has sprinted a few marathons in their day. Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment